Look back to early era (2004) of Configuration Mania...
First version '1.00.0.0020' was released on March 3, 2004.
Mozilla Firefox pre-0.9 did not have
install.rdf packaging scheme.
Old packaging system --
did not provide easy-to-use methods of uninstall extensions.
So, most of extensions did not have uninstaller.
To resolve this problem, Old Configuration Mania had a panel to uninstall any other extensions.
Cite from my site at the time:
You can get various extensions on the web (e.g. Extension Room.) Most of them do not have uninstaller. Chrome Uninstaller allows you to uninstall them. You can also uninstall non-extension chrome. For example you can uninstall "XBL Marquee Emulation" so as to disable <marquee>.
How to Use Chrome Uninstaller
- Select Chrome Uninstaller on "Configuration Mania" setting dialog.
- Select a underlined extension to be uninstalled.
- Click "Uninstaller" tab, to show uninstall information.
- Check or UnCheck files to be removed.
- Click "Force Uninstall" button. Then immediately uninstallation is done and the chrome is removed from the list.
- It is not recommended to uninstall builtin chromes and new-system extensions. That usually cause troubles with Firefox.
- "Remove prefs" does not work correctly on a few extensions.
'Chrome Uninstaller' has been removed in version '1.06.2005030801' on March 8, 2005.
The first review message
The first review message to Configuration Mania was antics. Cite from the page at the time:
-  Submitted by: Your mama on Wednesday June 16th 2004
This SUCKS!Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7) Gecko/20040615 Firefox/0.9
- The name of Configuration "Mania" is incorrect in grammar.
- "Configuration Geek" would be better, I think now.
- I think that the reviewer made a pun between "Mama" and "Mania".